Real Estate Loan Representative/Lender
- - Real Estate
- Williston, ND, USA
- Full Time
Perform various duties in originating and processing residential mortgage loans and preparing mortgage loan documents. Assist and work as a team with all members of Real Estate Dept., and other departments of the Bank as needed.
1. Under direction of Real Estate Loan Manager, interview residential loan applicants; determine best program options according to their qualifications.
2. Knowledge of or ability to learn Federal and State Real Estate Lending guidelines affecting loan originations
3. Answer qualifying questions to determine best programs for borrowers.
4. Actively participate in local business and community activities and maintain close contact with local builders, real estate brokers and agents, customers and prospects.
5. Prepare or review mortgage loan documentation, as applicable, necessary to originate and close loans.
6. Prepare appraisal requests, title orders, verifications of employment and assets, credit reports as needed, and flood certifications. Verify employment, deposits; obtain payoffs, and any other documentation necessary under Real Estate Loan Manager's direction.
7. Assemble processing and closing files.
8. Analyze income, asset and credit and appraisal documentation to insure compliance with ASBT loan policy, Federal regulation and secondary market requirements, as applicable.
9. Prepare loan submissions to Bank of North Dakota under Real Estate Loan Manager's direction.
10. Assist in the preparation of closing statements and help manage process under direction of Loan Officers.
11. Assist Real Estate Loan Officers with customers' signing of loan documents.
12. May be responsible for personal real estate lending portfolio and servicing thereof.
13. Complete all initial and annual training requirements as outlined by ASBT.
14. Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the Lending function.
1. Current NMLS licensee or ability to obtain NMLS license and pass fingerprint and FBI background check at time of employment.
2. 1-2 years' experience in real estate secondary market programs and operating systems.
3. Good secretarial/computer skills along with good communication skills.
4. Most duties require employee to be at a seated desk position with availability to a computer terminal. Employee will need to be mobile and flexible to access files and records from various loan areas and the loan vault area.
5. Flexibility with schedules and work hours may be necessary to participate as a team worker with the Real Estate and other Loan Divisions.
1. Confidentiality and tactfulness in dealing with bank and customer information is mandatory.
2. Ability to conduct relationships with co-workers, customers, the community and the overall public in a manner which will enhance the bank's image and comprehensive marketing effort.
3. Will be called upon from time to time to participate with community organizations and projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the bank.